Don't settle for the typical PB&J sandwich when packing for your next outdoor adventure, try our new BACT sandwich instead! Made with confit tomatoes, Awesome Arugula, bacon, sourdough bread and mayo, this crunchy delight of a sandwich is the perfect addition to any picnic or hiking trip.
Makes 8 servings confit tomatoes, 1 sandwich
For the confit tomatoes:
2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes
10 garlic cloves
8 basil leaves
¼ cup olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the sandwich:
2 pieces bakery style sourdough bread
⅓ cup Forward Greens Awesome Arugula
2 pieces cooked bacon
⅓ cup confit tomatoes
To make the confit tomatoes:
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
2. Add tomatoes, garlic, and basil leaves to a rimmed baking sheet. Pour ¼ cup oil over the top and season well with salt and pepper. Toss to coat all components with olive oil. Cook in preheated oven for 1 hour.
3. When done, let cool for 10minutes, add to a jar, and top with additional olive oil to cover. Refrigerate to store.
To make the sandwich:
1. Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on both sides of both pieces of bread.
2. Top one piece of bread withAwesome Arugula. Spread the tomatoes evenly over the arugula. Layer the bacon evenly across the sandwich on top of the tomatoes. Finish with the other slice of bread.
3. Head a skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, add the sandwich and cook until golden brown on both sides.
4. Sandwich can be eaten immediately or wrapped in foil and eaten at room temperature later.