This protein and veggie packed stir fry is so versatile: perfect for a weeknight meal but flavorful and delicious enough to impress guests (or hey, yourself!). The chicken gets a good punch from the black pepper and turmeric and the sweet, umami packed sauce brings all the flavor. Our Bright Bok Choy Blend and fresh basil make for a fresh finish to this tasty dish.
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp ground turmeric
½ tsp ground ginger
1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts, thinly sliced
1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp fish sauce
2 tbsp olive oil
2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
1 medium shallot, sliced
2 cups Forward Greens Bright Bok Choy Blend
1 cup fresh Thai or regular basil, julienned
Cooked jasmine rice, for serving
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the cornstarch, turmeric, ginger, and black pepper. Add the chicken and toss to coat.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and fish sauce.
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bell peppers and shallots, cook 2-3 minutes, until the peppers are beginning to char.
4. Add the chicken and stir occasionally until browned, about 2 minutes.
5. Add the honey and soy sauce mixture and Bright Bok Choy Blend. Stir and bring the sauce to a simmer over medium-high heat and cook until the sauce coats the chicken, about 8-10 minutes.
6. Remove from the heat and stir in half of the basil.
7. Serve the chicken over jasmine rice and garnish with remaining fresh basil.
Make ahead breakfasts make the whole week better. It’s one less thing to think about and you’re guaranteed something delicious each morning! These egg bites are full of nutrition and flavor. Feel free to make some ingredient swaps – this is a great way to use any veggies in your crisper! Just make sure to include the Micro Broccoli or Micro Kale for vitamins A and C to power you through your day.
This smoothie is a wonderful way to start the day – it’s sweet, creamy, nutritious, and will keep you full. Feel free to play with the ingredients! Vanilla yogurt is a great swap and the protein powder can be omitted, but it’s a great way to make sure the smoothie carries you through to lunch.