Some of the biggest advances in modern medicine can be traced back to the health of our #microbiome. From immunity to mental health, we can all get behind gut health. This dish is loaded with probiotic benefits that stimulate the beneficial bacteria in our bellies. Nutrient-dense Forward Greens Sweet Mix highlights two members of the #brassica family of vegetables known for their cancer-fighting properties. Add a gorgeous anti-inflammatory turmeric poached egg and you’re practically aging in reverse ;) Enjoy with loved ones and spread the plant power around.
1 tablespoon clear vinegar (white, white wine or apple cider vinegar all work)
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
¼ teaspoon salt
3 (2-ounce) bags FG Sweet Mix
4 cups kimchi
Fresh cracked pepper and flaky salt, to taste
- Bring a small pot of water (large if making all 6 eggs at once) to a boil. Reduce to a low boil and add the vinegar, turmeric and salt, stirring well to combine.
- Carefully crack each egg into the boiling liquid and lift gently with a slotted spoon to gather the egg and prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Boil the eggs for about 3 minutes if you like a runny yolk, 4 minutes for a jammy yolk and 5-6 minutes if you prefer well-done yolks.
- Using the slotted spoon, transfer the eggs to a bowl.
- Meanwhile, assemble serving bowls. Lay a thick bed of Sweet Mix into the bottom of each, then ½ cup kimchi. Nest an egg into each bowl and garnish with salt, pepper, and more Sweet Mix. Serve immediately.