Is there anything cauliflower can’t do?! If you don’t have an air fryer or fryer, roasting the cauliflower at 425 degrees will work great. Also, if you have a convection setting on your oven be sure to use it. The sauce for this recipe is made with our Awesome Arugula Pesto 2.0 whipped up with vegan mayo and comes together in a snap. The result? Creamy, tangy bliss. You can also enjoy this (if you manage to have any leftover) as a spread to any sandwich or wrap. We love featuring cauliflower for this recipe, but it is also delicious with mushrooms, winter squash, tempeh or other seasonal vegetarian favorites. You can prepare the same spice blend and instead saute on medium high in a cast iron skillet or pan for a faster rendition if you are short on time. Brace yourself for a wholesome plant-based experience packed with flavor and nutrition, whether you are vegan or not!
2 medium heads of cauliflower, rinsed and cut into 1"–2" florets
¼ cup olive oil
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon harissa or sumac
¼ cup Awesome Arugula Pesto (vegan version)
½ cup Vegan Mayo
1 small bunch cilantro, rinsed and lightly chopped
1 bunch radishes, mandoline sliced
12 corn tortillas, 3-6” in size
4 limes, quartered
1 package (1.5 ounces / 42.5 grams) Forward Greens Micro Broccoli
- Preheat your fryer, or heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, cominine oil and spices. Stir.
- Place cauliflower on a baking sheet and toss oil mixture over and toss in your hands until fully coated. Roast, undisturbed, until crisp, 15–20 minutes. Carefully turn over florets and continue to roast for at least another 15 minutes. Note: if you’re using a fryer, follow instructions and keep and eye on them (time will vary with your cooking method.)
- In a small bowl, stir together the pesto and mayo. Set aside.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave for a few seconds to soften, or heat over oil in a cast iron pan to provide some dexterity and soften the shells.
- Assemble your tacos: Place ~2 tablespoons of pesto in each taco shell as a base and spread using the back of a spoon. Note: you can also add a drizzle on the top to finish for a beautiful presentation. Next, layer in a scoop of cauliflower, and a sprinkle of radishes, topping with cilantro, Forward Greens Micro Broccoli and a squeeze of lime.
Awesome Arugula Pesto 2.0 [Vegan Version]
Recipe Yields: 1 ¼ cups
This pesto is an excellent fresh, healthy take on classic pesto, offering the perfect elevated addition to your staple “fridge door” condiments! By using flavorful and nutritious arugula, this pesto can be made sustainably year round, not just in the summer months when basil is abundant. We think you will LOVE this versatile pesto that comes together in minutes. Use it as a dip, spread, sauce or honestly, slathered on just about anything to add instant color and flavor. We love Violife’s Vegan Parmesan for this recipe! Making a double batch is highly recommended. Spread it on toast, layer it in our savory baked goods, nest under grilled veggies, over pasta and beyond. The options are endless..!
2 packages Forward Greens Awesome Arugula (3 ounces / 85 grams)
¾ cup vegan parmesan cheese, grated
⅓ cup pine nuts, toasted
3 garlic cloves
¾ cup olive oil (high quality)
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
½ teaspoon himalayan sea salt
- Begin by adding the grated cheese, pine nuts, garlic cloves and salt into the bowl of your food processor and pulse into a coarse meal, making sure the cloves of garlic are broken down and no large chunks remain, scraping down the slides if needed.
- Next heap the arugula on top of the nut and cheese mixture and pour in your measured olive oil and lemon juice. Blend, stopping to scrape sides for any stray bits until the pesto is bright green and has your desired consistency. We love it as a more viscous, creamy sauce but you can blend for less time if you want it to have more variation in texture.
- Transfer to an airtight, sealed container. Store in the fridge for up to 7 days