A hearty vegetarian meal is just the thing we didn’t know we needed. Get into this microgreen #masabacha (aka “deconstructed hummus”) and be forever changed. We love this dish with a heaping scoop of our vibrant Goddess Hummus and a super flavorful infused olive oil if you have any in your pantry. Sweet, savory, tangy and just a touch of spice, this all-in-one meal hits all the high notes and is a wonderful addition to your meal prep wheelhouse, too.
3-4 medium sweet potatoes (as uniform and consistently sized as possible)
Goddess Hummus, for garnish
1 2-ounce package FG Hot Mix, for garnish
2 cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed, divided
½ cup tahini
1 cup + ¼ cup olive oil for finishing, divided
4-6 tablespoons lemon juice
1-2 cloves garlic
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon ground coriander
½ teaspoon salt
½-¾ cup warm water (~115°F)
½ parsley, finely chopped
¼ cup shallots, minced
1 1.5-ounce/42.4-gram package FG Sweet Mix, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the sweet potatoes by thoroughly washing and drying. Carefully make a deep slice into each sweet potato lengthwise, avoiding the last inch or so at the ends. This will encourage even cooking and keep the center from becoming watery.
- Arrange the sweet potatoes on the prepared baking sheet and cook for about 55 minutes, depending on the size of your potatoes, until fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine ½ cup garbanzo beans, tahini, ½ cup olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, coriander, salt, and warm water. Blend until you have a smooth sauce that pours easily.
- Pour the tahini mixture into a medium bowl and stir in the remaining garbanzo beans, parsley, shallots, and sweet mix.
- When the sweet potatoes are finished, use a spoon to stuff each with ½-¾ cup of the deconstructed hummus.
- Top each sweet potato with a heaping scoop of Goddess Hummus, a drizzle of olive oil, and a sprinkle of Hot Mix microgreens. Serve immediately.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.