What’s a holiday meal without stuffing?! This recipe has all the classic flavors you’re after plus a few things to make it special, like red onions, sourdough bread, and our Klean Kale.
½ tsp olive oil
1 lb loose sweet Italian sausage
1 ½ cups chicken stock
5 cups cubed sourdough bread
1 red onion, thinly sliced
2 cups Klean Kale
¼ cup chopped parsley
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp minced fresh rosemary
1 tsp kosher salt
½ tsp freshly cracked black pepper
½ tsp crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9x12 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil and sausage. Cook, mincing as needed with a spatula, until well browned.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs. Add the chicken stock and stir to combine. Add the bread, onion, kale, salt, pepper, parsley, garlic, rosemary, and red pepper and toss to combine. Add the sausage and toss again.
- Pour the stuffing mixture into the prepared baking dish. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15-30 minutes, until top is browned.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.