This pizza strikes green gold right in the middle of superfoods and luscious indulgence. It’s a triple threat of simple, delicious and well-balanced. And did we mention gorgeous? Loaded with microgreens from the pesto to the toppings, this pizza will inspire the whole family to eat their greens. Creamy burrata and tangy Castelvetrano olives make this dish one worth repeating. If you haven’t made our Awesome Arugula pesto yet, consider this a sign. It’s mouthwatering applications are limitless. This pizza is also amazing with just the flatbread and pesto toasted in the oven with the toppings served cold in the summer!
1 large flatbread or pre-made pizza dough, rolled out to 18-20 inches
1½ cups Awesome Arugula Pesto (see recipe)
1 (4 oz) bag Forward Greens Mighty Micros
1 zucchini, peeled into ribbons
8 ounces (2 pouches) burrata, torn into pieces
½ cup Castelvetrano olives, pitted and crushed with the base of a jar
Fresh basil leaves, torn
¼ cup grated parmesan
Olive oil, for finishing (lemon-infused if you have it!)
Scallions, for garnish (optional)
Flaky salt, for finishing
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and grease a pizza pan.
- Transfer the rolled-out dough into the pan when ready. If you’re using flatbread, prepare for baking the same way.
- Spread the pesto in a thick layer on the dough/bread, working from the middle out to the edges.
- Top with the Mighty Micros (reserve some for finishing), zucchini ribbons, burrata and olives. For raw dough, bake for 15-18 minutes, rotating the pie half way through. For flatbread, bake for 10-12 minutes or until the burrata becomes lightly browned and the flatbread is toasted.
- Remove from the oven and top with torn basil, grated parmesan and a healthy drizzle of olive oil. Sprinkle with flaky salt and any remaining Mighty Micros if you like. Serve immediately.
Store leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 5 days.