Potato salad is such a classic dish – great for pot lucks, BBQs, camping and more. We put a delicious GREEN spin on the beloved staple. Microgreens add a splash of color, texture and punch up the nutrition. Switch it up by adding Forward Greens Micro Zest Mix!
Serves 8-10 people
4 pounds yellow potatoes
1 cup Forward Greens Micro Zest Mix
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp butter
1 sweet yellow onion, diced
6 garlic cloves, minced
¼ cup mayo
¾ cup sour cream
¼ cup coarsely chopped dill
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Cube the potatoes into 1 inch pieces. Salt the water until salty to taste (do a taste test to make sure!). Add the potatoes and boil for 10-12 minutes, until fork tender. Drain and run cold water over the potatoes.
- Return the pot to the stovetop over medium low heat. Add the butter and onions. Cook for 10-15 minutes, until onions are golden. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute, until garlic is fragrant and browned. Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, sour cream, dill, and Micro Zest Mix. Add 1 tsp kosher salt and ½ tsp freshly cracked black pepper. Stir to combine and coat. Taste and adjust salt and pepper as necessary.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve cold or at room temperature.
- Garnish with additional Micro Zest Mix before serving. Enjoy!